You are the source of time – Choose to Enjoy it! (how to start your own business…)
- Have you ever had the feeling that there isn’t enough time in the day, to do ALL of the things you want to do?
- Maybe you’ve wished there was an extra day during the weekend?
- Or maybe thought if there was another you, you’d be able to get SO much more done.
I’ve felt all of those things in the past (occasionally now) before I truly understood and embraced the fact that I am the source of time!
Let me explain
Reflecting on when I used to run music events, I was constantly on the phone, in my email inbox, tweeting, jumping on the bus, in a taxi basically doing WAY too much instead of allowing things to happen. I made a lot of mistakes and run myself into the ground.
I thought I was great at time management because I had long lists, with lots of ticks but I was completely exhausted. I never felt like I had enough time. Even after events which seemed successful on the outside, I didn’t make time to enjoy it. That was nearly 10 years ago, and many business and life lessons have taught me that time starts from within. In other words, we are the source of our time and how we choose to experience it.
Introducing Einstein Time
In the book ‘The Big Leap’ by Gay Hendricks, he talks about Einstein Time he simplifies Einsteins perspective ( “the dividing line between past, present, and future is an illusion”. So reality is ultimately TIMELESS.) to ‘You are where time comes from’
Here’s another quote which may offer more clarity
“Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That’s relativity.”
― Albert Einstein
In other words, if you’re loving where you are, then time passes quickly and you always have enough, if you’re not enjoying how you’re spending time, you’ll never have enough and will continue to not have enough time.
One of my mantras is ‘I’m always on time, I’m exactly where I need to be right now’ I repeat this when I’m travelling and at times where I feel like I might be ‘running late’ I repeat ‘I’m always on time, I’m exactly where I need to be right now’ and I trust and know this as true for me, there have been times where it’s seemed like I’d be 30 minutes ‘late for a meeting’ but instead I’ve arrived 10 minutes early, how is this possible?
Because I made a decision a long time ago that time is always working for me, this means enjoying the journey – all the time, whether I’m waiting in a cue or appear to be stuck in traffic.
How do I make time work for me?
I do whatever I need to do to feel good about where I am at and not to use my energy worrying about what may or may not happen.
Suggestions for enjoying your time
- Create your High-Vibration Playlist, and put that on, anytime you feel anxious, my go-to playlist usually includes reggae or dancehall music as its infused with the tropics and good memories.
- Audiobooks, I love my audible subscription (click here for your free audiobook from audible) since subscribing in 2016, this has been a great way for me to enjoy spending time and a great way to feed my mind – favourite genre (personal development, mind, body and spirit)
- Look for what you can learn from your experience, for many years I realised that I no longer enjoy using the tube (London underground) I used to love it, but something changed, I used my ‘enjoying time’ hacks but by ‘tuning into my heart’ I realised that I can adjust my mode of transport as that is even easier.
- You can also look at any hidden messages, maybe you were diverted because there was something new you needed to see or experience, be present and observe what is around you.
- Repeat my go-to mantras or create your own ‘I’m always on time, I’m exactly where I need to be right now’ ‘Time is always on my side’
Remember, you are the person that decides how you choose to spend your time, if something is not working for you in your life or business, stop complaining about it, and decide to change it.
You can enjoy your life and business so much more, once you embrace, and enjoy the gift of time.
So, how can you have more fun with time? Share in the comments below, what you do each day to enjoy time, I’d love to know.
Thanks for reading